Every snowflake is unique, yet they are all perfect in their own way. The holiday season is right around the corner, lights begin to hang from trees, snow begins to fall, and decorations are being made. Follow these quick and simple steps on how to make a snowflake out of paper to decorate for the holiday season.
What you will need:
- Six pieces of 8.5×11 paper
- One Stapler
1. Fold the paper into a triangle, then fold over again into a smaller triangle.
2. Cut off excess paper strips.
3. Holding the triangle with the point facing to your right, cut 3 straight vertical lines.
4. Open up the paper so that the non-cut point faces you.
5. Roll the paper slit in towards the center to make a roll, then tape together.
6. Alternate the rolls on each side by flipping the paper over and rolling the next slit.
7. Continue until all slits in the paper have been rolled and joined by tape.
8. Hold three of the completed pieces together by the bottom and staple together, repeat for the next three remainder pieces.
9. Staple together the two combined pieces to complete the whole snowflake.
10. Staple each piece together by pinching the center slits of the paper.
To make your snowflake even more unique, consider using colored paper, patterned paper, adding glitter, drawing your own design on the paper, or hanging your snowflake with a holiday ribbon.