Recently, the Student Union Board (SUB) offered tickets to the Broadway show The Lion King at the Minskoff Theater in New York City. Unfortunately, these coveted tickets sold out within three minutes of them going sale. This sell-out was similar to the rapid purchase of the tickets to The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway last semester. For both shows, many students weren’t able to purchase a ticket in time. To ensure that you get a ticket to the new SUB-sponsored Broadway show here’s a foolproof guide on how to snag a ticket.
1. On the day of the opening sales, be ready at midnight. If the tickets go on sale on September 12th, be up at twelve o’clock at night on September 11th. These tickets sell out faster than you would expect. Don’t underestimate the allure of a $30 Broadway ticket, even if the show appears to have a low-interest level.
2. This may seem like a trivial tip, but stretch your hands and your fingers out. If your hands aren’t limber, you might have more trouble typing in your information. To lose out on a chance to see a Broadway show cause your fingers cramped up, would be a shame.
3. When time comes to purchase your ticket, have your credit card out in front of you. This is essential. If you are scrambling to find your credit card, then you’ll be stuck experiencing FOMO as you scroll through Instagram looking at all the tagged photos of your friends in the Big Apple.
4. If you’re comfortable with it, have your credit card information in the auto-fill settings on your computer. This will make your life so much easier when you’re not rushing to type out the name of the card holder. You’ll still have to type out your credit card number, but having the initial information automatically entered will provide you an extra minute for the other content.
5. However, the ultimate tip to attain a SUB Broadway ticket is to have your credit card information memorized. This may seem like an over exaggeration, but this is what separates the winners from the losers – or rather, those who get see a Broadway show for $30 from those who get to hear about the show and how great it was.
Hopefully, these tips will help you secure a SUB Broadway ticket. Sending you lots of luck and speedy fingers. Visit SJU Tickets for more information and to purchase tickets.